For more information about using, dosing and mixing cannabis with edible treats, check out:
- If you’re feeling snacky, but don’t have sourdough on hand, try our cannabis snack mix with premade ingredients.
- To learn how to make a sugar infusion, check out the Cannabis Syrup post.
The “clean” Cheez-ish Sourdough Cracker recipe (without cannabis) can be found here.
Cannabis Sourdough Crackers
- 600 g (4 cups) discarded sourdough starter
- 60 g (4 Tbsp.) coconut oil
- 14 g (3 tsp.) sea salt
- 4 to 6 g cannabis "shake" (trim), ground finely
- Combine cannabis and coconut oil, and melt until it is liquid. There is no need to decarboxylate the cannabis, since we are baking it for long enough in the crackers to activate its potency.
- Stir starter well before adding to bowl (it can settle out as it sits). Combine starter, infused oil, and sea salt together and mix well into a thin batter.
- Preheat oven, setting on convection bake or bake to 350°F/177°C.
- In the center of each of two half-sheet sized pans lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, pour half the batter.
- Tilt the pans so the batter spreads out into even, rectangular-shaped layers.
- Place pans into oven.
- After 10 to 12 minutes, the batter will firm up. Remove pans and score the batter into bite sized squares with a pizza cutter or bench scraper. Rotate and place pans back into oven.
- Every 15 minutes, rotate the pans. After 30 minutes, break up and flip the crackers over so that they brown evenly on both sides.
- When the center crackers are cooked through (may take up to 50 minutes), remove pan from oven. Break up into squares. Let cool and crisp up. Store in an airtight container.