Our Shipping Policy
- We fulfill most orders the same business day they’re received. In many cases, we can ship as late as 5pm Pacific time Monday through Friday, or as late as 12pm Saturdays.
- We will send you an email (“Order Completion Email”) when the item is dropped off or picked up by USPS. This email will let you know that the order has been completed.
- Most items are shipped via USPS Priority Mail or via US Postal First class postage. That means they usually arrive 3-4 business days from the date they are picked up or dropped off to USPS.
- For items shipped via Priority Mail, the Order Completion Email will contain a USPS tracking number when we email you to let you know your order has been completed.
- For items shipped via First Class Postage, no tracking number will be provided.
- Many of our items include shipping in the cost. Those items will clearly state “Shipping Included” in the items’ description.
- When you are checking out, the website will display the shipping options based on your shipping address. Sometimes, there is more than one shipping option. When that happens, it is up to YOU to select the least expensive option!
- Food items and live cultures are only shipped domestically to addresses in the U.S.
- If you’re in a country that we don’t ship to yet, please email us and request that we add your country! Many times, we can accommodate your request. *Please note that we are unable to include free shipping for international orders.
Our Return and Refunds Policy
We strive for 100% customer satisfaction. But we know that things don’t always go perfectly.
If something goes wrong with your order, please email us right away at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will always strive to make it right! We’ll respond within 24 hours, 48 hours tops.
For all return or refund inquiries, you must contact us within 7 business days of receiving your order.
Here are some more specific details about returns and refunds.
Due to their perishable nature, there is no need to return fermented foods.
- Damage in transit (leaks, glass breakage, other spoilage) — we will replace food items damaged in transit at no charge.
- If you just don’t like the taste of what you ordered, please let us know within 2 days of receiving it. We’ll try to replace it with something you’d enjoy!
Fermentation Tools & Swag
- Damage in transit (item damage, glass breakage) — we will replace items damaged while in transit at no charge.
- Wrong Sizes: We are as explicit as we can be about clothing sizes in our product descriptions. If you order an item that is the wrong size, there is no refund. (Karma points: Gift it to someone else!)
Tickets for In-person and Live Online Classes, Festivals, Other Events
- If we cancel: From time to time, we may have to cancel a class or event. We’ll strive to give you as much advance notice as we have. If we cancel a class, we will issue a refund for the value of the course. If you purchase a course for $39 and we cancel it, we will refund you the full amount. If you purchase a kit to go along with the course for a total of $69, and the course-only cost is $39, then we would refund you $39 if we cancel.
- No Show: If you register for a class and do not show up, there is no refund.
Self-Paced (pre-recorded) Courses
- We strive to let you know as much about a course (previews of the agenda, e.g.) Therefore, there are no refunds for self-paced courses. If you are truly unhappy with the quality of a course, we’d love to know why. Please contact us, and we’ll work with you to make it right.