A simple, fermented cranberry sauce to accompany your heavy holiday meals! Adding kombucha or water kefir helps to get the good bacteria going (but not completely necessary).
- Food processor
- 340 g (12 oz.) fresh cranberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pomegranate seeds
- 50 g (1/4 cup) honey
- 50 g (1/4 cup) raw sugar
- 1 medium orange
- 5 g ginger root (about a 2-inch piece)
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) sea salt
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) ground cinnamon
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) water kefir or kombucha OPTIONAL
- Grate or mince ginger root. Add to the work bowl of a food processor.
- Juice orange and add to work bowl. Grate 1/2 the orange peel and add to work bowl.
- Add other ingredients to work bowl.
- Pulse food processor 6 to 10 times, until mixture is chunky.
- Transfer mixture to a wide-mouth quart sized glass jar.
- Cover tightly with lid. Ferment at room temperature 2 to 4 days.
- Transfer to refrigerator. Keeps in fridge 1-2 months.
Have you made this recipe?Mention @fermentersclub or tag #fermentersclub!