Yield: 1 quart
- 12 oz. (340g) fresh cranberries
- ½ cup (125ml) pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium orange
- ¼ cup (50g) honey
- ¼ cup (50g) raw sugar
- 5g ginger root
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) sea salt
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) ground cinnamon
- (Optional) 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) finished water kefir or kombucha
- Grate or mince ginger root. Add to the work bowl of a food processor.
- Juice orange and add to work bowl. Grate ½ the orange peel and add to work bowl.
- Add other ingredients to work bowl.
- Pulse food processor 6 to 10 times, until mixture is chunky.
- Transfer mixture to a wide-mouth quart sized glass jar.
- Cover tightly with lid. Ferment at room temperature 2 to 4 days.
- Transfer to refrigerator. Keeps in fridge 1-2 months.