Here is a great way to put some of that sourdough “discard” to good use.
- 300 g discarded sourdough starter
- 20 g coconut oil
- 20 g all-purpose or another flour
- 10 g honey
- 1 egg
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) baking soda
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) sea salt
- Melt coconut oil until it is liquid.
- Combine ingredients together and mix well into a thin batter.
- Heat a griddle or cast iron pan to 375°F/190°C.
- Lightly oil the griddle with butter or coconut oil.
- Pour batter into 4 inch (10cm) round pancakes. Sprinkle on any add-ins (savory like shredded cheese and sliced jalapenos, or sweet like blueberries and crushed pecans).
- Cook until golden brown on one side (3 to 4 minutes). Flip and cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Keep warm under towels on a plate, or store pancakes in low oven (225°F/107°C) while cooking the rest. Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup!