There are an infinite number of ways to flavor kombucha. Here is a seasonal (autumn/winter) idea using pumpkin puree, as well as the classic “pumpkin spices”: cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and ginger. The flavors balance well, especially the sweetness of the pumpkin against the tart kombucha base!
- 24 oz/ ¾ liter ripe kombucha
- ¼ cup pureed pumpkin
- ⅛ tsp. allspice, ground
- ⅛ tsp clove, ground
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg, ground
- 1 inch fresh ginger, julienned into 5-6 matchsticks
- Using a funnel, add all ingredients except kombucha into a quart-sized bottle with a lid (either a swing top or one with a cap which can tighten.)
- Top with kombucha, to ensure puree and spices are "washed" into the bottle.
- Leave ½" space from the top of the bottle.
- Remove funnel and tighten cap on bottle.
- Wait 2-3 days, then move to refrigerator.
- Serve cold or room temperature.
?Let us Outfit you for your Kombucha Journey! ⛏?
[San Diego] Fermenters Club Chapter Meeting & Potluck RSVP (FREE)$0.00 Select options
[San Diego] Hands-on Kombucha Workshop$45.00 – $125.00 Select options
Kombucha Master Class [Self-Paced]$45.00 Preview Course
Kimchi Master Class with Do-It-Together Instruction$59.00 View Course
Kombucha Making Kit (1 gallon)Add to cart
Kombucha Master Class [Self-Paced] with 1 Gallon Kombucha KitAdd to cart
Kombucha SCOBY (U.S. and Canada)Add to cart