Got any extra pineapple scraps lying around? Why not make some tropical kombucha? Inspired by tepache (a Mexican boozy pineapple based beverage), using scraps such as cores and peels infuses very well into kombucha in just a few days.
There are an infinite number of ways to flavor kombucha.
- 48 oz/ 1.5 liter ripe kombucha
- ½ lb. pineapple cores or skins
- 30g fresh ginger, sliced thin
- Add ingredients except kombucha into a half-gallon-sized jar or large-mouthed bottle with a lid (either a swing top or one with a cap which can tighten.)
- Top with kombucha.
- Wait 2-3 days, then remove scraps from bottle. Move to refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.
?Let us Outfit you for your Kombucha Journey! ⛏?
[San Diego] Fermenters Club Chapter Meeting & Potluck RSVP (FREE)$0.00 Select options
[San Diego] Hands-on Kombucha Workshop$45.00 – $125.00 Select options
Kombucha Master Class [Self-Paced]$45.00 Preview Course
Kimchi Master Class with Do-It-Together Instruction$59.00 View Course
Kombucha Making Kit (1 gallon)Add to cart
Kombucha Master Class [Self-Paced] with 1 Gallon Kombucha KitAdd to cart
Kombucha SCOBY (U.S. and Canada)Add to cart