Here’s another great way to enjoy kimchi. Avocados and kimchi play VERY well together. The unctuous, creaminess of the avocado are a perfect counterpoint to the spiciness of kimchi. So naturally guacamole, or should we say, gua-KIM-ole, is a great combination!
UPDATE: Once mixed together, this combination does NOT keep very well. You should eat whatever you make within one or two days.
- 3-4 medium Hass avocados
- 2 cups finished kimchi
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 tsp. red pepper powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, diced
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger, minced (optional)
- Quarter avocados and separate pits and skins from avocado meat. Add meat to bowl.
- Mash with fork or potato masher.
- Chop kimchi to desired consistency (or use as-is). Add to bowl.
- Squeeze lemon and lime juices into bowl.
- Mince and add pickled ginger and add to bowl.
- Dice cilantro leaves and add to bowl.
- Add pepper powder to bowl.
- Mix thoroughly. Let sit for 1-2 hours so the flavors can meld.