Have you tried those gluten-free, crack-tacular macaroon-style snacks from the fancy grocery store, which sell for $9 for a bag of like 9 of them? Well guess what, you can make ’em at home for much cheaper.
Here’s a dehydrator recipe for a paleo-ish take on gingersnaps.
- 2 cups coconut shreds unsweetened
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp 30ml coconut oil
- 2 tbsp 30 ml raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon/ 15ml molasses
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3/4 oz weight/ 20g fresh ginger
- 1 oz. weight/ 30g candied ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Blend almond flour and coconut shreds in food processor for 15-20 seconds.
- Melt coconut oil, add to food processor.
- Peel and grate fresh ginger. Chop candied ginger into ⅛" chunks.
- Add all remaining ingredients to food processor.
- Blend until mixture resembles a coarse brown sugar. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl of the food processor once or twice.
- Spoon out with a tablespoon and form into 1-inch balls or disks. Place onto a dehydrator tray.
- Set dehydrator to 115°F/46°C and let dry for 6 to 12 hours or until desired amount of moisture is reached.
- Store in airtight container.