Enjoy this healthy meta-meta snack!
- FIRST: It starts here, with garlic dill pickles
- THEN: you make the garlic dill seasoning.
FINALLY: You pop some popcorn and sprinkle it on top!
Dill Pickle Popcorn
Yield: 6 cups
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) popping corn
- 1 Tbsp. neutral flavored healthy fat like refined coconut oil, avocado or even non-virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) dill pickle powder
- Heat a 2 quart/liter heavy sauce pot with a covered lid over medium heat (350F/175C).
- Add oil to pan along with one kernel of corn.
- When kernel pops, add remaining corn and close lid.
- Shake pot back and forth over burner to prevent kernels from sticking.
- When popping stops, remove from heat and leave lid on.
- Sprinkle powder on popcorn evenly, sprinkling and stirring up the popcorn.
- Leave lid on for 30 seconds to allow the steam to help the powder to cling to the popcorn.
- Serve immediately.