And if you’re a pitta constitution (fire-water), this can help cool your normally fiery ways. Interestingly, according to ayurvedic principles, kombucha (and all other fermented foods are contra-indicated when one’s pitta is out of balance. Life is full of paradoxes, eh?
- 32 fl. oz (1 liter) ripe kombucha
- 1 oz. by weight (30 grams) cucumber, any variety, peeled
- juice from ½ lime
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) coriander seeds
- Mash the cucumber into an applesauce like texture. With a funnel, add mashed veggie into a 32 ounce (1 liter) swing top bottle or other bottle with a tight sealing lid. Use a chopstick to unclog any obstructions in the funnel neck.
- Squeeze lime juice into bottle.
- Optionally, crack the coriander seeds with a mortar and pestle. Add seeds to bottle.
- Top with kombucha.
- Wait 2-3 days, burping bottle daily in warmer weather. When you like the flavor, move to refrigerator.
- Serve chilled. Lasts 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
There are an infinite number of ways to flavor kombucha.