A quick way to dress up any salad, fresh blackberries and fresh thyme, along with some beet kvass in place of vinegar and good quality olive oil.
Blackberry Thyme Salad Dressing
Recipe type: Dressing
Yield: 1 cup
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 or 2 chives
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp./ 30ml beet kvass
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Strip the thyme leaves from stalks and mince finely.
- Mince chives.
- Add the blackberries, thyme, chive and beet kvass to a food processor, blender, or directly in a wide mouth mason jar (if using an immersion blender).
- Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil slowly, creating an emulsion.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and salt.
- Transfer to a jar or bottle. Serve immediately.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.