A quick way to dress up any salad, fresh blackberries and fresh thyme, along with some beet kvass in place of vinegar and good quality olive oil.
Blackberry Thyme Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) beet kvass, or sauerkraut or pickle brine
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1-2 chives
- sea salt, to taste
- Strip the thyme leaves from stalks and mince finely.
- Mince chives.
- Add the blackberries, thyme, chive and beet kvass or brine to a food processor, blender, or directly in a wide mouth mason jar (if using an immersion blender).
- Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil slowly, creating an emulsion.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and salt.
- Transfer to a jar or bottle. Serve immediately.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Have you made this recipe?Mention @fermentersclub or tag #fermentersclub!