It seems like there are fermentation festivals popping up all over the nation. (Well, we’ll take credit for at least a few of them.)
The Oregon Fermentation Festival is a family-friendly, day-long harvest festival of fermented foods and beverages taking place Sunday, September 20, 2015. It is set among the beauty of a 150-acre farm on Sauvie Island! This is the biggest fermentation festival the Pacific Northwest has ever seen!
- A Makers Marketplace showcasing the Pacific Northwest bounty of local foodmakers and brewers
- Workshops and presentations given by local and regional fermentation experts covering how and why to make and eat fermented foods and beverages
- Keynote speech by Tara Whitsitt of Fermentation on Wheels
- Live Music and Entertainment
- A Do-It-Yourself Pickling station where you make and take home your own jar of pickles!
- An Adult Beverage garden (21+) featuring local and regional fermented beverages such as cider, mead, beer and wine
The Festival is being held at:
17100 NW Sauvie Island Road
Portland, Oregon 97231 [map]
A portion of the proceeds from the Festival will be donated to Old McDonald’s Farm!
Read more about other festivals going on around the country.