There are a seemingly infinite number of ways to flavor kombucha. Here is one that has a savory taste, but still refreshes like sweeter flavor combinations!
No hangover required to enjoy this summery fermented beverage!
- 1 qt/liter ripe kombucha
- ¼ cup peeled cucumber, about 1.5 ounces or 45g by weight
- 1 medium tomato, about 1.5 ounces or 45g by weight
- ½ tsp (5ml) California chile powder (or other mild chile pepper)
- ¼ (2.5ml) teaspoon cayenne pepper powder (or other hot chile pepper)
- OPTIONAL ¼ of a fresh jalapeno, sliced
- OPTIONAL 1 Tbsp (15 ml) pickle brine
- pinch of sea salt
- Blend cucumber and tomato until liquid.
- Using a funnel, add blended veggies to a quart-sized bottle with a tight-fitting lid (either a swing top or a metal cap which can tighten.)
- Add chile powders and salt.
- Top with kombucha until there is only ½" head space from the top of the bottle.
- Remove funnel and tighten cap on bottle.
- In warm weather, "burp" the bottle over a sink once a day to relieve built up pressure.
- Wait 2-3 days, then move to refrigerator.
- BE CAREFUL WHEN OPENING, as contents may have built up pressure.
- Serve over ice. Garnish as you would any bloody mary, with a splash of pickle brine, salt/chile pepper on rim, celery, pickles, etc. You can make it boozy or keep it non-alcoholic-- either way it's delicious!
Austin’s snazzy custom aprons provided courtesy of Rush Order Tees!
?Let us Outfit you for your Kombucha Journey! ⛏?
[San Diego] Fermenters Club Chapter Meeting & Potluck RSVP (FREE)$0.00 Select options
[San Diego] Hands-on Kombucha Workshop$45.00 – $125.00 Select options
Kombucha Master Class [Self-Paced]$45.00 Preview Course
Kimchi Master Class with Do-It-Together Instruction$59.00 View Course
Kombucha Making Kit (1 gallon)Add to cart
Kombucha Master Class [Self-Paced] with 1 Gallon Kombucha KitAdd to cart
Kombucha SCOBY (U.S. and Canada)Add to cart