Join us at the third annual Oregon Fermentation Festival
Saturday, September 2, 2017, 11:00am to 5:00pm
Rossi Farms, NE Portland
One of the ways we promote community is to produce day-long, family-friendly fermentation festivals! Festivals are a unique way to bring everyone together around fermented food culture. Young and old, novices and experts all come together to share and learn from one another!
Our outdoor festivals celebrate the culture of fermented foods and beverages by featuring over three dozen local artisan businesses who make and sell items such as sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, mead, coffee, chocolate, bread and beer.
The Festivals feature:
- A Makers Marketplace to showcase artisan foodmakers, brewers and other related small businesses in the region
- Workshops and presentations given by local and regional fermentation experts covering how and why to make and eat fermented foods and beverages
- Do-It-Yourself Fermentation Stations where guests learn hands-on how to make fermented food
- Wellness Pavilion with yoga classes, massage chair, acupuncture and other sound healing modalities
- An Ambrosia Garden (21+) featuring tasters of fermented beverages (beer, wine, cider, mead, and kombucha) from local and regional brewers and winemakers
- Live music and Entertainment
Proceeds from the festivals go to worthy local beneficiaries.
Currently we produce festivals in San Diego, California (winter) and Portland, Oregon (summer).
Are you interested in having a fermentation festival in your city? Let us know where and we will follow up with you.