One of the ways we promote community is to produce day-long, family-friendly fermentation festivals! Festivals are a unique way to bring everyone together around fermented food culture. Young and old, novices and experts all come together to share and learn from one another!
Our outdoor festivals celebrate the culture of fermented foods and beverages by featuring over three dozen local artisan businesses who make and sell items such as sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, mead, coffee, chocolate, bread and beer.
The Festivals feature:
- A Makers Marketplace to showcase artisan foodmakers, brewers and other related small businesses in the region
- Workshops and presentations given by local and regional fermentation experts covering how and why to make and eat fermented foods and beverages
- Do-It-Yourself Fermentation Stations where guests learn hands-on how to make fermented food
- Wellness Pavilion with yoga classes, massage chair, acupuncture and other sound healing modalities
- An Ambrosia Garden (21+) featuring tasters of fermented beverages (beer, wine, cider, mead, and kombucha) from local and regional brewers and winemakers
- Live music and Entertainment
Proceeds from the festivals go to worthy local beneficiaries.
Currently, Fermenters Club produces festivals in San Diego, California (spring).
San Diego Fermentation Festival- TBD 2020
Are you interested in having a fermentation festival in your city? Let us know where and we will follow up with you.
Other Fermentation Festivals (not ours)
There is a growing number of fermentation festivals around the U.S. and the globe! Find one near you! Here are the ones we know about. If you know of others, please let us know in the comments!
- Atlanta (Georgia) Fermentation Fest
- Austin (Texas) Fermentation Festival
- Berkshire Ferments
- Boochfest (San Diego, CA)
- Boochfest Canada
- Boston Fermentation Festival
- Brine Brew & Barrel (Medford, Oregon)
- Calgary (Canada) Fermentation Festival
- Fermentation Fest (Reedsburg, Wisconsin)
- Fermentation Festival Montréal (Canada)
- New Mexico Fermentation Festival
- Ontario (Canada) Fermentation Festival
- Portland (Oregon) Fermentation Festival
- Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania) Fermentation Festival
- WNC (Western North Carolina) Fermentation Festival