Kimchi is a Korean style of fermented vegetables. It’s usually spicy and there are hundreds of ways to make it! We will explore some of them.
at Alpine Ranch, a Private Residence near Harbison Canyon (postal code 91901)
11am to 1:30pm
Includes your own take-home jar of kimchi!
- LEARN: We’ll explain fermentation and have a brief discussion about the benefits of making and eating fermenting foods, and the history and different styles of kimchi
- DEMO: We’ll show you how easy it is to start making fermented foods yourself at home! We’ll demo some simple seasonal fermented recipes which are loaded with healthy “probiotic” bacteria.
- TASTE: We’ll have a variety of fermented kimchi styles to sample
- DO IT YOURSELF: Roll up your sleeves and make your very own batch of spicy kimchi to take home and ferment
We’ll be sippin’ on some locally crafted Babe kombucha! You must be 21 years old or more to enjoy the high alcohol flavors.
SAVE $10 or more when you bring a friend or posse! (Each guest must have a ticket). Well-behaved children under 12 can join free with paid adult.
Refund Policy for In-person Workshops
- If we cancel: From time to time, we may have to cancel a class or event. We’ll strive to give you as much advance notice as we have. If we cancel a class, we will issue a refund for the value of the course. If you purchase a course for $39 and we cancel it, we will refund you the full amount. If you purchase a kit to go along with the course for a total of $69, and the course-only cost is $39, then we would refund you $39 if we cancel.
- No Show: If you register for a class and do not show up, there is no refund.