Learn how to make authentic spicy, fermented kimchi at home!
Sunday, February 4, 2024
11:00am til 1:30pm
Location: Maya Moon Collective
3349 Adams Ave.
San Diego, Calif.
Kimchi is a Korean style of fermented vegetables. It’s usually spicy and there are hundreds of ways to make it! We will explore some of them.
Includes your own take-home jar of kimchi
- LEARN: We’ll explain fermentation and have a brief discussion about the benefits of making and eating fermenting foods, and the history and different styles of kimchi
- DEMO: We’ll show you how easy it is to start making fermented foods yourself at home! We’ll demo some simple seasonal fermented recipes which are loaded with healthy “probiotic” bacteria
- TASTE: We’ll have a variety of fermented kimchi styles to sample
- DO IT YOURSELF: Roll up your sleeves and make your very own batch of spicy kimchi to take home and ferment
SAVE $10 or more when you bring a friend or posse! (Each guest must have a ticket).
Well-behaved children under 12 can join free with paid adult.
Refund Policy for In-person Workshops
- If we cancel: From time to time, we may have to cancel a class or event. We’ll strive to give you as much advance notice as we have. If we cancel a class, we will issue a refund for the value of the course. If you purchase a course for $39 and we cancel it, we will refund you the full amount. If you purchase a kit to go along with the course for a total of $69, and the course-only cost is $39, then we would refund you $39 if we cancel.
- No Show: If you register for a class and do not show up, there is no refund.