Keep warm this winter by making spicy, fiery ferments at home!
Saturday, December 11, 2021 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
at Bear Roots Brewery, in Vista
1213 S. Santa Fe St. Vista 92084
Includes your own take-home jar of fire cider!
- LEARN: We’ll explain fermentation and have a brief discussion about the benefits of making and eating fermenting foods, and you’ll learn how spice plays a role in fermented foods around the world
- DEMO: We’ll show you how easy it is to start making fermented foods yourself at home! We’ll demo some simple seasonal fermented recipes which are loaded with healthy “probiotic” bacteria.
- TASTE: We’ll have a variety of spicy fermented foods to sample, such as kimchi, hot sauce, and fire cider
- BEER FLIGHT: we will pair each of our fiery ferments with a great Bear Roots brew
- DO IT YOURSELF: Roll up your sleeves and make your very own batch of spicy kimchi to take home and ferment