In this virtual workshop, you will learn all about miso, a magical fermented bean paste that originated in Japan many centuries ago. Miso is full of umami and is used to flavor everything from soups to marinades and salad dressings, stir-fries, to eggs.
Class Time is:
10:00am to 12:00pm Pacific US
1:00pm-3:00pm Eastern US
What We’ll Do
- LEARN: We’ll explain fermentation and have a brief discussion about all the benefits of making and eating fermenting foods
- DEMO: We’ll show you how to make miso paste using cooked beans and koji (inoculated rice)
- DO IT TOGETHER: Roll up your sleeves and follow along as we go through making and packing a jar of to-be miso
How it Works
- Select your class option and purchase your spot for the class.
- We will send you the meeting link and list of Ingredients and Equipment needed so you can have materials ready before the class begins.
- Class will be taught live, with Q&A and instructor inspecting everyone’s jar at the end upon request.*
* While we would love to have full two-way participation where we can see and hear your shining faces, if you’d prefer to listen/watch only, we will definitely respect your preference! We will have chat available during the class.
About the Instructor
Austin Durant, Founder and Chief Fermentation Officer, Fermenters Club
Austin has been playing with his food his whole life, and fermenting it for over ten years.