Last Updated on
Have you tried those gluten-free, crack-tacular macaroon-style snacks from the fancy grocery store, which sell for $9 for a bag of like 9 of them? Well guess what, you can make ’em at home for much cheaper.
Here’s a dehydrator recipe for a paleo-ish take on gingersnaps.
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons/ 30ml coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons/ 30 ml raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon/ 15ml molasses
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¾ oz (weight)/ 20g fresh ginger
- 1 oz. (weight)/ 30g candied ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Blend almond flour and coconut in food processor for 15-20 seconds.
- Melt coconut oil, add to food processor.
- Peel, then grate the fresh ginger. Chop candied ginger into ⅛" chunks.
- Add these and all other ingredients to food processor.
- Blend until mixture resembles a coarse brown sugar. You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl of the food processor once or twice.
- Spoon out with a tablespoon and form into 1-inch balls or disks. Place onto a dehydrator tray.
- Set dehydrator to 115°F/46°C and let dry for 6-12 hours or (until desired amount of moisture is reached).
- Remove from tray. Store in airtight container.