[San Diego] Kimchi Fermentation Workshop ft. Boochcraft
January 27 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm PST$50
Join Austin Durant, founder and Chief Fermentation Officer of Fermenters Club as he takes you into the wild and wide world of fermentation!
Learn how to make killer kimchi! Kimchi is an ancient Korean pickle (usually spicy) and there are hundreds of ways to make it! We will explore some of them.
- LEARN: We’ll explain fermentation and have a brief discussion about the benefits of making and eating fermenting foods, and the history and different styles of kimchi
- FARM TOUR: Breathe the fresh air at Wild Willow Farm and get a brief intro to regenerative farming practices
- DEMO: We’ll show you how easy it is to start making fermented foods yourself at home! We’ll demo some simple seasonal fermented recipes which are loaded with healthy “probiotic” bacteria.
- TASTE: We’ll have a variety of fermented kimchi styles to sample
- DO IT YOURSELF: Roll up your sleeves and make your very own batch of spicy kimchi to take home and ferment
We’ll be Sunday Sippin’ on some Boochcraft high-alcohol kombucha (must be 21yo+).
Includes tasters of kimchi and a take-home jar of kimchi.
SAVE $5 when you buy 2 or more tickets!