- This event has passed.
[North San Diego] Hands On Pickle Workshop & Beer Pairing
July 7 @ 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm PDT$50
Event info: https://www.facebook.com/events/347077706203441/
Summer season is pickling season!
Join Austin Durant, founder and Chief Fermentation Officer of Fermenters Club, and the brewers at Second Chance Beer Company as they take you into the wild and wide world of fermentation!
- LEARN: We’ll explain fermentation and have a brief discussion about the benefits of making and eating fermenting foods. Explore different styles of pickles from around the world, from Europe to Korea to Latin America!
- DEMO: We’ll show you how easy it is to start making fermented foods yourself at home! We’ll demo some simple fermented pickle recipes with cucumbers, peppers, carrots, and more which are loaded with healthy “probiotic” bacteria.
- BEER FLIGHT: Take flight with a variety of Second Chance beers, paired with each pickle style!
- TASTE: We’ll have a variety of fermented pickle styles to sample
- DO IT YOURSELF: Roll up your sleeves and make your very own batch of seasonal pickles to take home and ferment
Cost: $50, Includes take-home jar of pickles and flight of beer tasters (must be 21yo+)
SAVE $5 when you buy 2 or more tickets!